84th Annual Academy Awards Live

The stars were out in full-force for the Oscars. Dressed in the best outfits that their stylists could pick out, only two celebrities had a noticeable wardrobe malfunction. Indeed, watching Ryan Seacrest dust the “ashes” of Kim Jong Il off his tuxedo will arguably go down as one of the best malfunctions of all time.

Sadly, The State Press picks for this 84th Academy Awards couldn’t have been more off. Thankfully, writers Arts and Entertainment section are unpaid.

“Hugo” started the night off winning four Oscars, most notably Best Cinematography. The supporting role awards went to Christopher Plummer for his part in “Beginners” and Octavia Spencer in the “The Help.”

Woody Allen missed the Oscars again, yet still won for Best Original Screenplay, while “The Descendants” won for Best Adapted Screenplay.

The Leading Actor award, rightfully so, went to Jean Dujardin from “The Artist,” while Meryl Streep added another Oscar to her collection for her performance in “The Iron Lady.”

As for Best Picture and Best Director, both went to the all-too deserving film “The Artist.”

All in all, it was another excellent night in Hollywood. Stars shined as all paid tribute to those who achieved greatness in the film industry over the past year. While Eddie Murphy would have been nice to see, Billy Crystal proved to be the Oscar host pro that he is, reminding each of us the power of film in our lives and making us laugh along the way.

×