Clothes Minded supports local fashion designers

Mikel Florman Photography
Mikel Florman Photography

Clothes Minded boutique in Phoenix. (Photo Courtesy of Mike Florman) Clothes Minded boutique in Phoenix. (Photo Courtesy of Mike Florman)

Nestled on the Northwest corner of 48th Street and Ray Road, Clothes Minded is a chic clothing boutique home to various Arizona designer collections. The store is just about a 10-minute drive from ASU's Tempe campus and located right off the 101 Freeway.

Clothes Minded was featured in Phoenix Fashion Week’s boutique of the week. Owner Kim Kendall said she is a proud supporter of the Phoenix’s fashion scene.

“I have a passion for fashion. The fashion industry and I go to all the Phoenix Fashion Week meet-ups," she said. "I just love that Phoenix has a fashion scene. I worked in a couple boutiques here and decided it was time to have my own."

This Friday, a shopping “happy hour” event will be hosted by Kendall that will include a giveaway of 50 swag bags with a mystery discount card inside. The event will go from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. and will also have prize drawings.

The boutique embodies that of an independent store, with local designs from Ofra Style, Living Dreams, JHaus denim and accessories by Melis.

“I really wanted (the store) to be like a gallery with the clothes on the wall instead of all being side-by-side. They’re more prominent — more like art on the walls,” Kendall said.

Customers can learn more about the designer’s collections every third Thursday of the month where a designer features their trunk collection with a mini fashion show.

Clothes Minded is located at 4180 E. Ray Road in Phoenix and is a go-to place for those looking to unique designs. Not only will the wearers be setting themselves apart, but they will also be helping out a local business and supporting local designers.

Reach the reporter at rosal.lopez@asu.edu.

×