The Campus Closet: Spring Style Lookbooks

Photo collage by Gabi Nelson, photos courtesy nastygal.com

March is officially here, along with spring lookbooks in my mailbox. Bright colors, floral prints, and sundresses are on the horizon, and I don’t know about you but I’m dying to put my spring wardrobe together!

So what are designers and stores giving us this season? It seems like they all have their own tastes and styles this year that cater to many unique spring looks. So who is your spring muse, and where are you going to find outfits for this season? I have put together some of my favorite pieces from the Nasty Gal, Free People, and H&M spring collections so you can get some inspiration from what these designers and stores have to offer.

Free People’s explosion of color and flowers

Free People’s spring lookbook is an explosion of color and flowers. Photo collage by Gabi Nelson, Photos courtesy freepeople.com Free People’s spring lookbook is an explosion of color and flowers. Photo collage by Gabi Nelson, Photos courtesy freepeople.com

Free People’s March collection screams spring with all of the flower patterns and headpieces. Along with many colorful pieces the collection also has many white dresses that you can accessorize with their colorful accessories. The look of this catalog is very carefree and whimsical, perfect for someone with bohemian or girly style. To get the Free People spring look remember to wear lots of color, flowing lightweight fabric, and a flower headpiece. You can find all of the pieces from this collage at here.

Nasty Gal’s sports meets space meets the beach

Photo collage by Gabi Nelson, photos courtesy nastygal.com Photo collage by Gabi Nelson, photos courtesy nastygal.com

Nasty Gal’s spring collection is out of this world, literally. It gives the sense of being at the beach one moment and being in outer space the next. This is their first attempt at designing swimsuits, and with the title of “eclipsed swimsuit” you can get the picture of beach meets space. The collections contains sun bleached colors, geometric patterns, and lots of cutouts. It has an old-school feel, still being futuristic. Check out the collection at here.

H&M’s style icon lookbook

Photo collage by Gabi Nelson, photos courtesy h&m.com Photo collage by Gabi Nelson, photos courtesy hm.com

H&M’s new spring lookbook is inspired by four different girls, each having their own style. Most of the collection is in black and white, all containing leather, studs, and fringe. It seems to be inspired by the southwest, which will remain an ongoing trend this spring. Get the H&M spring collection look by wearing a leather piece paired with something white to give a classic but edgy look. You can find the collection here.

With any questions, comments or story ideas contact me at gmnelson@asu.edu, or on twitter @gabinelsonlove.

×