Man breaks tire boot off his truck

ASU Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

• A 20-year-old man was arrested on the 1200 block of South Forest Road on April 1 on suspicion of theft, according to a police report.

ASU Parking and Transit Services placed two tire boots on the man's truck at Parking Lot 3, because he failed to pay fines, according to the report.

After the man paid his fines, a PTS employee came to remove the boots and noticed that one was missing, police reported.

An officer spoke with the employee and took fingerprints from the wheel that was missing a boot, according to the report.

The truck's owner arrived as the officer was leaving, police reported.

The officer asked him where the boot was, and the man said he didn’t know anything about the theft, according to the report.

He said a friend told him about the boots and paperwork stating he needed to pay his fines, police reported.

The officer asked for the friend’s contact information, and the man said he didn’t have it, according to the reported.

The man then said he knew who had taken the boot and that he could go get it, police reported.

The officer asked the man to be truthful, and the man said that he had seen the boots on his car and pulled the boot off, according to the report.

He said he tried to remove the other boot by jamming a ballpoint pen into the lock but was unsuccessful, according to the report.

The man told police he carried the boot down the street to another friend’s apartment, police reported.

The man was arrested and taken to the ASU Police Department, where he was questioned, booked, cited and released, according to the report.

Officers retrieved the stolen boot from the friend’s apartment, police reported.

•  
  • Police were called to Adelphi Commons II on April 1 to respond to a call about a 19-year-old man making gun-related threats, according to a police report.

A resident of the complex heard the man yelling about getting a picture of a person peeing his pants once he had a gun in his face, according to the report.

The threatened person told the officer the man was a bully, and that he didn’t feel threatened, police reported.

The threatened person was unwilling to aid in prosecution, so the man making the threats was cleared of suspicion, according to the report.

Police had previously contacted the man for kicking doors at Adelphi Commons II, police reported.

Reports compiled by Amy Medeiros.

Reach the reporter at ammedeir@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @amy_medeiros

×