Man stabs friend in neck, earlobe

Tempe Police reported the following incident Friday:

A 24-year-old Tempe man was arrested March 22 on the 200 block of East Southern Avenue on suspicion of aggravated assault, according to a police report.

A friend of the man’s family was sleeping at the family’s home on the 3800 block of South Mill Avenue, according the the report. The friend awoke to the man swinging a knife toward him, police reported.

The man struck the friend in the neck and earlobe, according to the report.

The friend told police the man fled west from the residence, police reported.

The friend, who was visiting the family on vacation, was transported to Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn for treatment, according to the report.

He had a 1-centimeter laceration on the left side of his neck and a 2-centimeter laceration on his left earlobe, police reported.

Police found the kitchen knife, which had blood on the handle and blade, outside of the home, according to the report.

Officers found the man at his home, about half a mile from the family’s home, police reported.

Officers arrested the man and transported him to the Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held for questioning, according to the report.

Report compiled by Shawn Raymundo

Reach the reporter at sraymund@asu.edu or follow him on Twitter @ShawnFVRaymundo

×