Police find heroin, syringe in woman's bra

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Monday:

• A 22-year-old Tempe woman was arrested Aug. 30 near North McClintock Drive and East McKellips Road on suspicion of narcotic drug possession for sale, taking contraband into a correctional facility, drug paraphernalia possession and failure to appear, according to a police report.Police took the woman into custody after they found that she had a warrant for her arrest because of failing to appear, the report said.

While in custody, police searched the woman and found a syringe and a small bag of pills in her left bra cup, police reported.

Police also reported they found a tar like substance in her right bra cup they identified as heroin.

The report said the heroin was individually wrapped in tinfoil and weighed over one gram, which is enough to be considered for sale.

She was booked and held for her warrant, and released pending her other charges, according to the report.

• A 50-year-old Lakeside man was arrested Aug. 29 on the 800 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession and three counts of prescription drug possession, according to a police report.Police observed the man with a bag of marijuana in his hand, giving an item to another man on the east side of the CVS Pharmacy, the report said.

An officer contacted with him and a search of his duffle bag revealed a 2- to 3-inch glass pipe, which the man said he used to smoke marijuana and tobacco, 24 pills of nitrostat, 8.5 pills of Seroquel and 15 pills of doxycycline hyclate, police said.

Police reported that the description on the pill bottles did not match the pills inside, and all the pills were prescription-only pills.

The man was taken to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released pending charges, according to police.

Reports compiled by Mark Remillard.

Reach the reporter at mark.remillard@asu.edu or follow him on Twitter @markjremillard

×