Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• A 25-year-old Pennsylvania man was arrested Jan. 12 on the 1100 block of West Alameda Drive on suspicion of burglary on the first degree, criminal damage deface, passively resisting arrest and possession of burglary tools, according to a police report.

Officers went to the location after receiving a call of a burglary in process from the security guard, the report said.

When the security guard called police, he said he could hear someone inside the building, the door was pried open and there was a suspicious car parked outside with the trunk open, according to the report.

The person who was taking the call said a commotion could be heard after the security guard said a man had walked up to him, police said.

Shortly after that, the call was disconnected, according to the report.

As officers pulled up to the area, they saw a man wearing a black hoodie and black pants with white socks on his hands sprinting southbound, the report said.

The man ran behind a semi-trailer, and an officer got out of the police car to chase him by foot, police said.

When the officer caught up to him, the man stopped and got down on the ground, according to the report.

Officers arrested the man and the security guard identified him as the person he saw running from the building, police reported.

The man said he had been with another man outside the building, according to the report.

The man said he had arrived in Phoenix three days before and met the other man at a homeless shelter, police said.

The man told police they had been at a bar earlier and smoked a “blunt” so he fell asleep in the other man’s car, according to the report.

When he woke up, the two men were standing outside the building, police said.

The man said he saw the other man open the door and when he asked what he was doing, the man told him to “shut the f-ck up,” according to the report.

The man told police he heard the commotion between the other man and the security guard, police said.

The man denied wanting to burglarize or having the white socks on his hands, according to the report.

When police inspected the door they realized there was a lot of damage and found a box of tools by the vehicle, police reported.

As officers were inspecting the building, another security guard approached them and told them what he had seen, according to the report.

While police were interviewing the second security guard, the man tried to run away from the officers, police said.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Dulce Paloma Baltazar Pedraza

Reach the reporter at dpbaltaz@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @dpalomabp

×