Tempe Police: Two women found in possession of marijuana, cocaine

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• A 19-year-old Tucson woman was arrested Feb. 1 on the 900 block of East University Drive on the suspicion of marijuana and narcotic drugs possession, according to a police report.

The woman was in the passenger seat when the vehicle she was riding in was stopped, police said.

The report said police found a number of illegal substances during the vehicle stop.

Officers found marijuana in a jar inside the center console, according to the report.

The woman later pulled out a baggy containing a white substance identified as cocaine, the report said.

According to police, the cocaine was flash tested and tested positive as cocaine.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

• A 20-year-old Tucson woman was arrested Feb. 1 on the 900 block of East University Drive on suspicion of possession of marijuana, according to a police report.

Police said the woman told her friend sitting in the passenger seat to grab a green leafy substance thought to be marijuana from the center console of the vehicle.

Police immediately identified the substance as a useable amount of marijuana, according to the report. Police said the woman did not have a medical marijuana card in her possession.

The woman was later transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

Reach the reporter at kgrega@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @kelciegrega

×