Tempe Police: Man tells officers he is hiding from FBI, Snoop Dogg's hit man

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• A 35-year-old Mesa man was arrested March 20 on the 700 block of East La Jolla Drive on suspicion of criminal trespassing in a residential yard and marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.

Police located the man hiding on top of a shed after he jumped through two residential backyards, the report said.

The man was found without any shoes on and ranting about the Federal Bureau of Investigation and how Snoop Dogg had a hit out on him, police reported.

A search of his person revealed a usable amount of marijuana and rolled foil to smoke it with, the report said.

The homeowner was able to identify the man as the person who was in the backyard, police said.

In an alley north of the residence, police found the man’s hoodie and shoes next to a backpack containing nine separate bags of marijuana and a 5-inch foil cylinder, police reported.

The man said he had smoked from the foil pipe earlier that day, police said.

The man was booked into Tempe City Jail and released pending charges, according to the report.

• A 29-year-old Tempe man was arrested March 22 on the intersection of East Apache Boulevard and South Normal Avenue on suspicion of dangerous drug possession and use and failure to appear in the second degree, according to a police report.

ASU Police stopped the arrestee in regards to a bike infraction, police said.

Police put the man in the patrol car after the arresting officer ran a background check and found that the man had a Tempe City warrant, the report said.

Once the man was taken to Tempe City Jail, the officer returned to his patrol car and searched the back seat where the man was sitting and found two black socks containing methamphetamine, police reported.

Police said the socks were moist and warm to the touch, which led officers to believe that they were in the man’s pants or underwear when police contacted him riding the bicycle.

The man was booked and released pending charges, according to the report.

Reports complied by Chelsey Ballarte.

Contact the reporter at Chelsey.ballarte@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @chelseyballarte

×