Tempe Police: Man smokes marijuana inside bar during St. Patrick's Day festivities

Tempe Police reported the following incident Monday:

A 24-year-old Mesa man was arrested March 18 on the 600 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of marijuana, narcotic drug and drug paraphernalia possession and disorderly conduct fighting, according to a police report.

A bouncer in El Hefe on Mill Avenue first contacted the man because he was holding a lit marijuana cigarette, the report said.

The man then used the marijuana cigarette to light a tobacco cigarette, police reported.

The bouncer took the cigarettes away from the man and escorted him out of the bar, according to the report.

The bouncer told police the man’s behavior disrupted the business as the bar was completely packed because it was Saint Patrick’s Day, police said.

A search of the man revealed a small bag of cocaine in his left shorts pocket, another one in his right pocket, a big Ziploc bag containing 11 individual baggies with 1 gram of cocaine each and a small baggie containing marijuana, police reported.

The man told police he had the cocaine in 1-gram baggies, because that is the amount he consumes each day, according to the report.

When the officer asked him why he had 13 baggies, the man said he didn’t know, police said.

Although he had several $20 bills on his possession, the man denied selling the cocaine, according to the report.

The man also said he had not lit a marijuana cigarette inside the bar, police said.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

Report compiled by Dulce Paloma Baltazar Pedraza

Reach the news editor at dpbaltaz@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @dpalomabp

×