Tempe Police: Man orders pizza with stolen card information, leaves $20 tip

A man ordered pizza for $24 from Barros with a stolen card information and left a $20 tip to the delivery driver.

Police Beat Photo

Tempe Police Headquarters

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Friday:

A 59-year-old man was arrested on the 1700 block of Priest Drive on suspicion of credit card theft, according to a police report.

The man called Barros pizza and ordered a pizza for $24.62, using someone else's credit card number and zip code, police reported.

When the pizza was delivered, the man signed the receipt with his signature and left a $20 tip to the delivery driver, according to the report.

The delivery driver said the man was the only recipient and the only person in the room, police reported.

The man admitted signing for the pizza but said it was his friend who made an order over the phone, police reported.

According to the police report, the woman who had her credit card information stolen didn’t permit anyone to use her card and had it in her possession when the order was placed.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

A 19-year-old Tempe man was arrested Sept. 5 on suspicion of drug possession on the 300 block of Veterans Way, according to a police report.

Police responded to a call that people were throwing cans and cups out of the window, police reported.

Upon arrival, officers found cups and cans in the ground in the apartment complex, according to the report.

According to the surveillance video, “rowdy” people entered the apartment and took the furniture from the hallway inside, police reported.

Two residents opened the door and said other roommates were asleep, police reported.

An officer knocked on a door and found the man with a glass bong filled with marijuana on a table, according to the report.

A usable quantity of marijuana was also located inside a plastic dish in the man’s bedroom, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released pending charges, according to the police report.

Reports compiled by Ksenia Maryasova.

Reach the reporter at kmaryaso@asu.edu or follow on Twitter @KseniaMaryasova

×