ASU police investigating suspicious note left on student's car

A female ASU student was concerned when she found a suspicious note left on her car earlier this week, according to ASU Police.

According to a post on her roommate, Alyssa Fernandez's Facebook page, the officer investigating the note said it reminded him of notes involved in the Santa Barbara shootings. A man who killed six students at the University of California at Santa Barbara this spring left a manifesto detailing his reasons for the shootings.

"So everyone, especially if you're living in Hayden, needs to be really careful," Fernandez said in her post. "Don't walk anywhere alone, especially at night and always be aware of your surroundings."

The note was not addressed to her, police said.

The note said, "Hey, your milk is not is not giving me the right kind of silkworm larva anymore, and I'd like my f---ing money back! I've been watching you from a safe distance and gravity is a real thing, ergo, see you Wednesday night. The end of the nights." The note was signed,"Sandwich."

It did not mention sorority women, and it not make any specific threats, said ASU Police Sgt. Daniel Macias.

"It is not considered by police to be a credible or specific threat," he said. "Tempe Police are investigating and ASU Police are preparing a safety bulletin to remind students of safety precautions."

Reach the assistant news editor at kgrega@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @kelciegrega

×