Tempe Police: Man trespasses inside stranger's car

Tempe Police reported the following incident Thursday:

A 33-year-old Tempe man was arrested Jan. 18 on the 400 block of West University Drive on suspicion of trespassing and possessing marijuana and drug paraphernalia, according to a police report.

Officers received a call of a suspicious person carrying a toolbox, police reported.

An officer arrived on the 400 block of West University Drive, which can be accessed through Farmer Avenue, according to the report. The officer saw the man inside a white vehicle with his upper body hunched over the steering wheel, police reported.

The man exited the vehicle and told the officer he was helping a friend a friend fix it, according to the report. The man was unable to give the vehicle owner's name and told a confusing story, police reported.

The man consented for police to search the vehicle, according to the report. During the search, officers found a pink marijuana grinder and marijuana in the center console of the vehicle, police reported.

Further investigation revealed that the man did not have permission to enter the vehicle in the first place and had no prior association with the owner, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

Report compiled by Kelcie Grega.

Reach the assistant news editor at kgrega@asu.edu or follow @kelciegrega on Twitter.

×