Tempe Police: Man tries hiding cocaine from officers

Tempe Police reported the following incident Thursday:

A 24-year-old Tucson man was arrested Jan. 31 on the 20 block of East 6th Street on suspicion of possessing dangerous drugs and narcotics, according to a police report.

The man was seen sitting on a park bench with a small clear bag full of suspected drugs in his left hand, police reported.

The man saw officers approaching and attempted to conceal the drugs in his left front pants pocket, according to a police report.

When officers contacted the man, he said he had cocaine in his pocket, according to the report. They found two clear baggies of cocaine and Xanax, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released on pending charges.

A 47-year-old Tempe man was arrested Jan. 31 on the 2000 block of East Apache Boulevard on suspicion of possession of dangerous drugs and drug paraphernalia, according to a police report.

The man was contacted after he committed a traffic offense, according to the report. The man consented to a search of his vehicle and officers found a baggie containing methamphetamine in the center console of the vehicle, police reported.

The man also said he had a pipe used for smoking meth in his backpack, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Kelcie Grega.

Reach the assistant news editor at kgrega@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @kelciegrega.

Like The State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on Twitter

×