Tempe Police: UA student wanders through Tempe residences calling for his made-up dog

Tempe Police reported the following incident Wednesday:

A 20-year-old Tucson man was arrested Jan. 31 on the 1600 block of East 12th Street on suspicion of trespassing, according to a police report.

The man was contacted by officers in a fenced residential yard, police reported. The owner of the residence told police that the man walked into his yard and attempted to open the door of this house, according to the report.

Further investigation revealed another resident living in the area had also reported someone trespassing on her property, according to the report. She told officers the man entered her residence while she was watching a movie in her living room, police reported.

The woman told officers she asked the man who he was and mumbled that he was a neighbor looking for a dog, according to the police report. She said the man proceeded to walk down the hallway and then returned to the living room, toward the connected kitchen and exited out the back door and called out an unknown dog’s name, according to the report.

The man then walked back into the residence through the kitchen and walked through the living room and exited out the front door, police reported. The woman told officers the man told her he would be back in five minutes, according to the report.

The man told police he was a student from UA and he was in town for the golf tournament.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

Report compiled by Kelcie Grega.

Reach the assistant news editor at kgrega@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @kelciegrega.

Like The State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on Twitter

×