Report: Former ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly to attend Arizona Cardinals rookie minicamp

Kelly went undrafted in the 2015 NFL Draft

Redshirt senior quarterback Taylor Kelly attempts a pass during the first half of the game against UA on Friday, Nov. 28, 2014. (Photo by Andrew Ybanez)

The dream isn't over yet for former ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly.

Kelly will attend the Arizona Cardinals' rookie minicamp this weekend on a tryout basis, according to Doug Haller of azcentral sports.

The former Sun Devil quarterback was not selected in the 2015 NFL Draft and has not signed an undrafted free agent contract with another team.

The 6-foot-2, 210 pound signal-caller is ASU's all-time leader in total offense, and threw for 2,114 yards and 22 touchdowns with just five interceptions in 2014 despite missing three games with a foot injury.

Kelly led the Sun Devils to three bowl games, posting a 2-1 record, and led ASU to its first-ever Pac-12 South title in 2013.

ASU had four players selected in the NFL Draft.

Former ASU defensive back Damarious Randall became the first Sun Devil to be selected in the first round of the NFL Draft since Terrell Suggs was selected at No. 10 overall by the Baltimore Ravens in 2003.

Former ASU wide receiver Jaelen Strong, projected by many to be a late-first round pick, slid to No. 70 overall before being selected by the Houston Texans in the third round.

Former Sun Devil offensive lineman Jamil Douglas and defensive lineman Marcus Hardison were both selected in the fourth round. Douglas went to the Miami Dolphins, and Hardison went to the Cincinnati Bengals. 

Former ASU fullback/tight end De'Marieya Nelson went undrafted in the NFL Draft, but was signed to an undrafted free agent contract by the Cleveland Browns Sunday.

Reach the assistant sports editor at fardaya@asu.edu or follow @fardaya15 on Twitter.

×