ASU football releases new official adidas uniforms

The uniforms were unveiled Thursday on AZCentral.com's "The Heat Index"

ASU football uni sets large

ASU uniform base sets, as revealed by adidas on AZCentral.com's "The Heat Index."

It's officially the "Three Stripes" era.

ASU football officially unveiled their new adidas uniforms Thursday morning in an exclusive to AZCentral.com's "The Heat Index."

The exclusive included more than 100 photos and an interview with the new uniform's designer.

The look is ASU's first since agreeing to a new eight-year, $33.8 million contract with apparel company adidas that went into place July 1.

The apparel company tweeted out a teaser of the new ASU home uniform late Wednesday night.

ASU's main home uniform is maroon with gold lettering and chrome detailing, outlining "Arizona State" across the chest and gold on the sleeves. The helmet has an enlarged maroon or black pitchfork with gold detailing on each side.

Unlike traditional home sets, the main ASU home set appears to have a maroon helmet to pair with the maroon jersey and gold pants. Previous iterations included a gold/maroon/gold combination.

The iconic "PT42" logo remains on the front of the helmet and collar of the jersey to honor former Sun Devil Pat Tillman.

ASU also debuted an all-white uniform set, with similar characteristics.

The white uniforms, however, include a tweak on the helmet.

ASU retained its black alternates (with some changes), but made one much-anticpated change -- the development of the black "big pitchfork" helmet.

There also is another iteration, which employs an all-black helmet with gold detailing.

ASU will also keep its classic gold helmets.

REMINDER: These are the base sets for the new ASU uniforms, and does not rule out any future alternate jerseys.

Reach the reporter at fardaya@asu.edu or follow @fardaya15 on Twitter.

×