Tempe Police: Woman invites man over, attacks him with WD-40, pit bull

Police Beat Photo

Tempe Police Headquarters

Tempe police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

A 43-year-old Tempe woman was arrested Aug. 22 on the 1700 block of South Dorsey Lane on suspicion of aggravated assault, according to a police report.

A man entered the woman’s household to return an Electronic Benefit Transfer card around 11 p.m., police reported.

However, when the man entered, the woman sprayed him in the face with WD-40 and the two began to wrestle to the ground as the woman continued spraying the man, according to the report.

While the man fought back to stop the woman, the woman’s pit bull began biting the man’s right bicep and left leg, police reported.

The man grabbed a paring knife to protect himself as he jumped onto the woman’s kitchen counter, but the woman swung a 12-inch cooking knife at him, according to the report.

The man fled the house, left his wallet and bike behind, and called police shortly after, police reported.

The woman admitted to spraying the man with some type of chemical, but said she was unaware it was WD-40, according to the report.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail where she was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

A 31-year-old Tempe woman was arrested Aug. 21 on the 700 block of North College Avenue on suspicion of marijuana and paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.

Officers arrived at Papago Park shortly after park services contacted the department in reference to park curfew, police reported.

Police saw the woman touching a bag on one of the benches in the South end of the park, according to the report.

After seeing the officers, the woman walked away from the bag and later stated that it was not hers, police reported.

Because no one else was in the park, police searched the bag to find any identification information, according to the report.

Inside the bag, officers found a baggie of marijuana as well as a pipe filled with white residue, police reported.

After further questioning, the woman admitted that the bag was hers, according to the report.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail where she was booked and released on pending drug charges, police reported.

Reports compiled by Aimee Plante.

Chandler Police: Man robs bank, fires at police officers during chase around Valley

Tempe Police: Teen smokes pot for the first time, gets caught

Reach the assistant news editor at aplante@asu.edu or follow @aimeenplante on Twitter

×