Tempe Fire: Concert-goers injured at Summer Ends Music Festival

Hozier closes out the first day of the 2015 Summer Ends Concert Series in Tempe Beach Park on Thursday, Sept. 24, 2015. The series will continue this weekend, Thursday through Sunday, and will feature a range of artists.

Several people were injured during Summer Ends Music Festival when concert-goers began pushing toward the stage resulting in some injuries, Tempe Police Lt. Mike Horne wrote in an email.

Additionally, there were some treated for heat and alcohol related issues, he wrote.

Firefighters encountered 12 patients and transported nine of them to the hospital, Tempe Assistant Fire Chief Paul Nies wrote in an email.

"We are continuing to receive patients from concert," Nies wrote in an email. "They are medical in nature. ... We did treat about 12 people in conjunction with the rush to the stage."

"Our personnel are still extremely busy at that location," he wrote. 

Summer Ends is still scheduled to continue its final day today. Kanye West will headline and Chance the Rapper, Travis Scott and Kaytranda are also scheduled to perform. 

Reach the news editor at kgrega@asu.edu or follow @kelciegrega on Twitter. 

Like The State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on Twitter

×