Editor's Picks: The highlights from the week in the Pac-12

The best stories in ASU sports, and elsewhere around the conference

Redshirt senior quarterback Mike Bercovici celebrates with sophomore running back Demario Richard on Friday, Sept. 18, 2015, at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe.

No. 18 ASU soccer went winless on a road trip to the Oklahoma schools, while No. 10 ASU volleyball rose to the occasion and avenged a loss to Illinois that had haunted Macey Gardner and Co. since the Illini topped them in five sets two years ago in Champaign

On the gridiron, Sun Devil football closed out its nonconference schedule with a dominant win over New Mexico Friday, as Demario Richard led the way with 255 all-purpose yards and two touchdowns.

This week's highlights: 

Read about Annie Warren's journey from BYU-Hawaii to the ASU soccer team and her dedication to serving her community.

On the hardcourt, No. 10 Sun Devil volleyball is off to a historic start after defeating No. 6 Illinois in a five-set thriller in Tempe Saturday night. ASU opens conference play against Arizona Thursday against Wells Fargo Arena. 

See which numbers stood out from ASU football's 34-10 win over New Mexico.

And there was plenty of fun in the postgame press conference, too.

Stay tuned for this week's coverage leading up to ASU's conference opener against USC in Tempe. 

ASU football's offense still trying to figure out its identity

Instant recap: ASU 34, New Mexico 10

Reach the sports editor at smodrich@asu.edu or follow @StefanJModrich on Twitter.

Like State Press Sports on Facebook and follow @statepressport on Twitter.

×