What to expect at the Arizona Regents meeting tomorrow

ASU President Michael Crow meets with The State Press editorial board on Friday, April 3, 2015 at the Fulton Center in Tempe. (Ben Moffat/The State Press)

The Arizona Board of Regents reviewed an updated strategic plan and reviewed an investment model Thursday at NAU in Flagstaff.

Regent Eileen Klein addressed the board and said they were on the verge of creating a new model of the University as we know it in Arizona.

The amount of enrolled freshmen has increased 9 percent and the average incoming GPA is a 3.4, she said. Klein also noted that 56 percent of incoming freshman at Arizona Universities are going to ASU.

The meeting agenda for tomorrow is packed with proposals and discussions that students should look out for.

Regents will vote on paying ASU President Michael Crow up to $150,000 in performance incentives. This would bring his total benefits to around $1 million for FY2015. NAU President Rita Cheng and UA President Ann Weaver Hart are also eligible for raises. 

This is the third year Crow has been eligible for performance incentives as part of his contract. 

The Board will also be voting to approve a one-year extension for ASU football coach Todd Graham and Phase 2 of Sun Devil Stadium renovations. 

ASU will also be asking the board to vote ratification of authorization to enter in an amendment of the Master Lease and Operating agreement in connection with construction of the Sandra Day O'Connor Law School in downtown Phoenix. 

Arizona Board of Regents proposes slightly lower tuition for DREAMers

Present, future students call on the Board of Regents to change tuition rates for deferred action students

Reach the news editor at kgrega@asu.edu or follow @kelciegrega on Twitter

×