From the 'Double Inferno' to 'Vomit Step,' here are the week's top stories

Browse through the week's most read stories.

School is finally getting into a routine. Hopefully you like all of your professors and hopefully they haven't given you too much homework yet. Take a break from studying and browse through the week's top stories.

For highest-earning UFC fighter Ronda Rousey, domination only the beginning

Photo by U.S. Army Spc. Marco Del Valle | TNS

Ultimate Fighting Championship fighter Ronda Rousey has earned her spot as the highest paid fighter in the league and has become a role model, encouraging young women to be the best they can be. Reporter Rebecca Lydford tells Rousey's backstory and what her achievements mean for the UFC and women in fighting.

ASU first to receive 'Most Innovative School' award

Photo by Ben Moffatt | The State Press

US News & World Report has named ASU the most innovative school of 2015. Reporter Natalie Orr highlights the steps ASU has taken to earn this award.

Sun Devil Stadium introduces 'Double Inferno' student section

Photo Courtesy of Sun Devil Athletics

The "Inferno" has moved; ASU students will now sit behind both endzones. Reporter Sydney Maki tells how much this stadium renovation cost and what the change means for the fan experience.

Beyoncé not 'crazy in love' with social media

Photo by Robert Gauthier | TNS

Beyoncé has a different social media strategy than most public figures. Reporter Lindsay Roberts explains the public relations strategy of one of the world's most successful entertainers.

Stories we think you'll love:

DREAMers attend first school year paying in-state tuition, struggle with lack of financial aid

Photo by Emily Johnson | The State Press

Deferred action for childhood arrivals was granted in May by the Arizona Board of Regents, giving those who were brought into Arizona illegally by their parents the ability to pay in-state tuition. Reporter Jessica Suerth explains that despite this ruling, some "DREAMers" continue to struggle.

ARKHumanity app saves lives one tweet at a time

Photo by ARKHumanity | Promotional

At the annual Hacks 4 Humanity event, five students created an application that searches for tweets with "crisis words" and delivering resources that could help that person. Reporter Jenny Ung explains the development and function of an application that could save lives.

Snails brings his breed of 'vomit-step' to downtown Phoenix with a sold out Monarch Theatre show

Photo by Ben Moffat | The State Press

DJ Snails brought his breed of "vomit-step" to a sold out Monarch Theatre in downtown Phoenix. Arts editor Jacob Goldstein was there to see the DJ who knows how to "breathe life into a crowd."

A Freshman Perspective

Photo by Danica Barnett | The State Press

Starting college can be a thrilling and scary experience. State Press Magazine reporter Aashini Choksi shares her experience of starting freshman year.

Reach the reporter at anicla@asu.edu or follow @AndrewNiclaASU on Twitter

×