Making it up as she goes along

Dani Bradley, owner and founder of High Born Cosmetics. Photo from Dani Bradley. 

Making it up as she goes along

She sat down at the coffee shop, perfectly put together and looking fabulous in great makeup. 

She pulled out a bag and began to set cute, creative containers filled with her products on the table. She took a small eyeshadow pot and brushed the shimmering color on the back of her hand, beaming at the way her product looked. 

Entrepreneur Dani Bradley exhibits her creativity and determination through High Born Cosmetics, a makeup line she started in 2014.

“I think that this area really allows for entrepreneurs to flourish," Bradley says. "I feel like the people here that I’ve met have been so welcoming and so willing to help and interested in what I’m doing and it’s just been a supportive environment.”

Bradley moved from Milwaukee, Wisconsin to Scottsdale, Arizona and says she is eager to see what the new area has to offer for her business.

Bradley currently owns a salon in Milwaukee called The Dollhouse Nail & Beauty Boutique, which is where she began High Born Cosmetics. Many of the salon clients were interested in makeup, so Bradley began looking for lines that she could sell from the salon.

“I just couldn't find a line that had all the products that I loved," Bradley says. "When I found out that I could purchase products from different manufacturers and build my own line with all products that I love, the creative process that would be involved with that intrigued me.”

Bradley decided to start her own makeup line rather than find an existing line because she wanted to have the opportunity to sell products that she respected from her salon. Her products range from foundations to lipsticks. 

High Born Cosmetics has reached success thanks to associates, clients and a website developer who have helped grow her business. 

“Dani is dedicated to the overall business of helping women look their best,” syas Jill Roffers, a customer. “Also, I found over the years, that Dani didn't treat me just as a client but I feel like she became a friend.”

Roffers, who has been a customer for about two years, says that the products are reliable and affordable.

“Her price points are just right. The quality is there and the prices are reasonable,” says Fawn Estes, another happy customer.

Estes and Roffers both agree that Bradley shows a strong work ethic through her drive to please customers. High Born products are slightly cheaper than department store brands, according to Roffers, but that does not mean they lack quality.

“I would highly recommend the product,” she says. 

Bradley looks at her journey with High Born Cosmetics as a learning experience. Her endeavors as an entrepreneur have taught her valuable business lessons. 

“I would want to help more people who want to grow their business and just need help from somebody who has experience and has gone through all the trial and error,” Bradley says. 

She says she would like to teach a business class at ASU if given the opportunity. She plans to use local retailers and social media to gain support among the college student demographic. 

“People are hungry for new ideas, new products, just new things,” Bradley says. 

Growing a business so close to a large university opens many doors because people are innovative and open to new ideas, she says.

Bradley has a genuine work ethic and passion for High Born Cosmetics. She maintains friendly relationships with her clients and inspires others follow their dreams and take risks. 

“Dani took some risks to create the business she did and both her salon in Milwaukee and her line of cosmetics show class and really reflect the Dani I have come to know,” Estes says.

×