Tempe Police: Man dances outside Fat Tuesday, flashes tattoos and gang signs

Police Beat photo

The Tempe Police station, which is located on Fifth Avenue near College Avenue. 

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

A 31-year-old Chandler man was arrested March 4 on the 600 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of threats and intimidation, criminal trespassing and disorderly conduct, according to a police report.

The man was dancing and standing in the entryway of Fat Tuesday, not letting people leave or enter the bar, police reported.

The manager of the bar asked the man to leave multiple times and the man refused, according to the report.

After many requests, the man left, but then returned, at which point the manager asked for help from downtown Tempe security, police reported.

The security guard asked the man to leave, and he walked about 15 feet away until he began flashing gang signs and yelling, police reported.

The man lifted up his shirt to show tattoos on his chest and stomach, police reported.

He held up his hands separated and in the formation of “C’s,” according to the report.

On his chest he had a tattoo that read “A480Z;” on his stomach he had one that said “ESC.” On his arms he had two tattoos that said “East Side” and “Chandler,” police reported. 

The officer recognized him as a member of “East Side Chandler” gang, and he reported that he knew the gang members identified themselves with the tattoos, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

A 21-year-old Phoenix man was arrested March 5 on the 20th block of East University Drive on suspicion of burglary, two counts of failure to appear and reporting false information to a law enforcement officer, according to a police report.

The man helped another unidentified man break into an unlocked 2014 Subaru parked in an alley, police reported.

A witness reported that the man was keeping lookout while his companion removed the money, according to the report.

The two removed around $300 and fled the area, according to the report.

While leaving and entering a westbound Valley Metro Light Rail train they were spotted by police officers, police reported.

The train left prior to the officers reaching the men, but the officers caught up to train and detained the one man, according to the report.

The man provided police with a false name and date of birth both immediately after the arrest and at the police station, police reported.

The man told officers he may have been near the burglary, but he did not remove anything from the car, according to the report.

After being fingerprinted, the man wrote out his correct information, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Megan Janetsky.

Tempe Police: Drunk driver crashes into used car dealership

Tempe Police: Man found by officers while shooting meth

Reach the assistant news editor at megan.janetsky@asu.edu or follow @meganjanetsky on Twitter.

×