Tempe Police: Man hides marijuana in his hoodie after smoking behind Jack in the Box

Police Beat photo

The Tempe Police station, which is located on Fifth Avenue near College Avenue. 

Tempe police reported the following incident Monday:

A 24-year-old Michigan man was arrested Feb. 10 on the 720 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of marijuana and paraphernalia possession and use, according to a police report.

Officers placed the man under arrest along with two of his friends after discovering the men near a car behind a Jack in the Box, police reported.

While patrolling the area, police noticed the smell of burning marijuana surrounding the parked vehicle, according to the report.

As officers approached the three men standing by the vehicle, they saw a small roach in one of the men’s right hand, police reported.

Police witnessed the man take a hit moments before he noticed the officers. Then, he flicked the roach onto the ground and said, “Oh shit,” according to the report.

An officer picked up the roach, which smelled like burned marijuana, police reported.

All three of the men were spoken to separately, according to the report.

During an interview, the man did not admit to smoking the marijuana and requested not to speak to police further, police reported.

A search of the car revealed five individually-wrapped clear baggies of evenly-dispersed marijuana, according to the report.

Officers found the baggies in the hood of a hoodie that the man wore at the time of arrest, police reported.

The man said the hoodie was not his, according to the report.

A trained police dog alerted that more marijuana and several pieces of drug paraphernalia were located throughout the vehicle, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

Report compiled by Aimee Plante.

Tempe Police: Couple has sex on 'A' Mountain after doing heroin

Tempe Police: Man found by officers while shooting meth

Reach the news editor at aplante@asu.edu or follow @aimeenplante on Twitter.

Like The State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on Twitter

×