Tempe Police: Man leaves 'crumbs' of meth in his pocket

Police Beat photo

The Tempe Police station, which is located on Fifth Avenue near College Avenue. 

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

A Mesa man was arrested on April 19 in the 2100 block of East Apache Boulevard on suspicion of having four outstanding warrants, and possessing dangerous drugs and drug paraphernalia, according to a police report.

People at a Circle K in the area called officers after the man was trespassing, police reported.

The man told officers he had a baggie of "crumbs" in his pocket from a previous night, according to the report. Officers identified the "crumbs" as meth, and said the baggie was drug paraphernalia for its use in packaging and distributing drugs, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and was held to see a judge, according to the report.

A Phoenix man was arrested April 18 at South Mill Avenue and East 13th Street on suspicion of marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.

The man was stopped in his vehicle after officers found that the man was driving on a suspended license, police reported. The man's car was then towed, according to the report.

However, before it was towed, officers found a metal pipe, marijuana, rolling papers and a digital scale in the car, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released pending charges, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Shelby Slade.

Related links:

Tempe Police: Man steals candy, hot pocket, water from Walgreens

Tempe Police: Man tackled when the owner of the car he was stealing from spots him

Reach the editor-in-chief at sgslade@asu or follow @shelbygslade on Twitter

×