Tempe Police: Man steals from 3 cars in apartment complex

Police Beat photo

The Tempe Police station, which is located on Fifth Avenue near College Avenue. 

Tempe police reported the following incidents Sunday:

A Tempe man was arrested March 21 on the 1600 block of West La Jolla Drive on suspicion of burglary, marijuana possession and having outstanding warrants, according to a police report.

An investigation revealed that the man illegally entered three separate cars in an apartment complex parking lot, police reported.

Once inside, the man removed a laptop, backpack, prescription pills, a wallet with credit card and identification information, a baseball hat, an iPod and approximately $100, according to the report.

The items, once obtained from the man, were returned to the original owners, police reported.

The man originally stated that he was on the property because he was waiting for a ride to school from a friend, according to the report.

However, that "friend" told police that he did not know the man and that he does not give him rides anywhere, police reported.

A records check revealed an outstanding warrant in the man’s name, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, police reported. 

A Tempe woman was arrested March 21 on the 1800 block of East Apache Boulevard on suspicion of failing to appear in court and possessing dangerous drugs and paraphernalia, according to a police report.

The woman was riding her bike against the flow of traffic when officers approached her, police reported.

During a routine search, officers found a white crystal substance, a small glass pipe and a needle filled with a brown substance, according to the report.

The officers confirmed that the woman had a warrant for her arrest during a search and records check, police reported.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Aimee Plante.

Related links:

Tempe Police: Woman stores meth and unidentified pills in her underwear

Tempe Police: Man blocks light rail tracks, flips off conductor

Reach the news editor at aplante@asu.edu or follow @aimeenplante on Twitter

×