Men's basketball guard Remy Martin will not return to ASU

The guard leaves the Sun Devils sixth on the program's all-time scoring list

20210225 Mbb v wash.jpg

ASU senior guard Remy Martin (1) looks to pass the ball against Washington at Desert Financial Arena in Tempe on Thursday, Feb. 25, 2021. ASU won 80-72.

ASU men's basketball senior guard Remy Martin announced the end to his Sun Devil career Thursday, as he turns his focus to pursuing a career in the NBA. 

Martin announced the news in a video that was released from ASU men's basketball's Twitter account where he thanked coaches, fans and the University for their support during his four years in Tempe.

Martin made a similar announcement in 2020 but eventually opted to return to the Sun Devils for one more season. He averaged 19.1 points and 3.7 assists per game in his final season with ASU.

Martin finishes his Sun Devil career sixth on ASU's all-time scoring list at 1,754 points and third on the program's all-time assists list with 466. He leaves ASU with career averages of 14.9 points, 3.9 assists and three rebounds per game.

He won the Pac-12 Co-Sixth Man of the Year award in the 2017-18 season as a freshman. He also earned All-Pac-12 Second Team honors in the 2018-19 season and All-Pac-12 First Team honors in both the 2019-20 and 2020-21 seasons.

Martin isn't currently projected by any major mock draft site to be selected in either round of the 2021 NBA Draft.

Freshman guard Josh Christopher and freshman forward Marcus Bagley both declared for the draft earlier this spring, making Martin the third Sun Devil to announce intentions to pursue an NBA career.

Reach the reporter at ltochter@asu.edu and follow @Leo_Toch on Twitter.

×