USG election results released with Tempe delayed

The Tempe Campus' USG results have been delayed to April 8 while the other three campuses election results have been posted

Politics-usg-election-results.jpg

"The Undergraduate Student Government election results were released on The Associated Students of ASU’s website after online elections closed last week."

The Undergraduate Student Government election results were released on The Associated Students of ASU website after online elections closed last week.

According to an email from USG-T Elections Commissioner Jackson Bush, Tempe's results will be delayed until April 8 because ASASU is waiting to hear back from the ASASU Supreme Court regarding several ongoing complaint and appeal challenges.

Winners of each USG race could not be immediately reached for comment.

ASU USG senators during a USG meeting in the Memorial Union on Tuesday, Feb. 24, 2024 in Tempe.

Downtown Phoenix results

USG-D's executive ticket ran unopposed. This left the executive ticket with Seanika Mathis, a junior studying criminology and criminal justice, for president.

Ethan Best, a junior studying medical studies, will be vice president of service, and Drew Stanek, a sophomore studying journalism and mass communication, will be vice president of policy.

The Mathis ticket won 91.15% of the vote, and 8.84% abstained from voting.

The USG-D Senate candidates ran uncontested aside from The College of Health Solutions Senate seat, which Sydney North won with 51.42% of the vote. The Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation Senate seat was also uncontested, and Ewelina Bednarz won 86.66% of the vote.

READ MORE: The 2024-25 USG-D Executives are set as they run unopposed

Abby Hammonds took the USG-D Senate seat for Barrett, The Honors College, with about 93.18% of the vote.

Karess Pringle-Wishner won the Senate seat for The Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication with about 80.85% of the vote.

Evelyn Cabrera was elected to The Watts College of Public Services and Public Policy with a 96.15% margin.

Finally, Angelica Rosario won the ASU Online/Digital Immersion Senate seat with 100% of the vote.

Polytechnic results

USG-P's executive ticket ran unopposed for the second year in a row, allowing for Shaurya Manglik, a sophomore studying engineering, to win as president. 

Hillery Gowda, a sophomore studying aeronautical management technology, was elected vice president of service, and Ian Huerta Ramirez, a sophomore studying engineering, won as vice president of policy.

READ MORE: Meet the unopposed ticket for USG Polytechnic 2024-25 executive office

There was only one Senate seat up for election, which Asadbek Ruziev won for Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering with 70% of the vote.

West Valley results

USG-WV's executive election saw two tickets. 

Sedra Shahin, a sophomore student studying business, won as president.

Amy Noriega Pineda, a sophomore studying psychology and transborder Chicano and Latino studies, took vice president of service. Alexis Jade Dicks, a junior studying elementary school education, took vice president of policy. The Shahin ticket won 50.20% of the vote.

READ MORE: USG West executive election will see two-way race, first time since 2020

There were five seats up for grabs in USG-WV's Senate.

Cayden Perry won the Barrett, The Honors College Senate seat by 87.5%.

Brandon Guereque won for The New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences, post-reallocation, with 33.01% of the vote.

Josie Ha ran uncontested for The Thunderbird School of Global Management.

Madelyn G. Pritchard won the seat for Watts College of Public Services and Public Policy with 83.33% of the vote.

Edited by Grey Gartin, Walker Smith and Caera Learmonth.

Reach the reporter at njarret1@asu.edu and @nataliajarrett on X.

×