Regents approve Sun Devil Stadium renovation project, discuss financial aid

The stadium renovations will cost $210 million and construction would begin in spring 2015. (Photo Courtesy of Sun Devil Athletics)

The stadium renovations will cost $210 million and construction would begin in spring 2015. (Photo Courtesy of Sun Devil Athletics) The Arizona Board of Regents approved renovations to Sun Devil Stadium at its Thursday meeting.(Photo Courtesy of Sun Devil Athletics)

The Arizona Board of Regents approved the Sun Devil Stadium renovation project at its meeting Thursday at NAU.

ABOR will be voting again in November on the first phase of the Sun Devil Stadium construction.

Regent Greg Patterson brought up the ASU Athletic Fee, and he said he thought the handling of the implementation of the fee was done well. He said he had spoken to students and liked the handling of the marketing for the fee and the explanation of what students would receive through the fee.

Creating a meaningful financial aid assistance program was next on the agenda as the Board of Regents discussed the lack of state funding and how universities have been had to provide financial aid assistance internally to make up for a lack of state funding.

ASU President Michael Crow said it's time for the state to make a commitment at the student level so the students know that there is a fund waiting for them at the university.

Reach the reporter at jshanco2@asu.edu or follow on Twitter @joey_hancock

Like The State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on Twitter.

×