Tempe Police: Man points knife at people in church parking lot

Police Beat Photo

Tempe Police Headquarters

Tempe police reported the following incidents Monday:

A 32-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Aug. 19 at the intersection of South Mill Avenue and East Broadmor Drive on suspicion of two counts of assault with a deadly weapon, according to a police report.

The man had pulled out an eight and one-half inch knife as he walked toward a woman and the woman began cursing at him in the parking lot of the Church of Christ, police reported.

The man and woman had trespassed in the lot and received warning from the church prior to the incident, according to the report.

The woman began arguing with two other people while the man took out the kitchen knife and began walking toward them with the the knife drawn, police reported.

The two witnesses were uninjured, but agreed to aid in prosecution of the man and woman, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail where he was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

A 29-year-old Tempe woman was arrested Aug. 25 on the 1100 block of West Tulane Drive on suspicion of a Tempe warrant, a Phoenix warrant and marijuana possession and use, according to a police report.

Officers contacted the woman about an existing warrant outside the door of her home, police reported.

Before police placed her in handcuffs, the woman requested she re-enter her home to grab her key so that she could lock up the house while she was gone, according to the report.

An officer entered the residence with the woman and found a jar of marijuana, two pipes, rolling papers, a grinder and a box of matches on her living room table, police reported.

The woman admitted to owning these items and said she used marijuana to help with her eating disorder, according to the report.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail where she was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

Reports compiled by Aimee Plante.

Tempe Police: Man produces pipe from butt upon request

Tempe Police: Man gets fired, throws drink across office

Reach the assistant news editor at aplante@asu.edu or follow @aimeenplante on Twitter

×