Like our Scottsdale neighbors to the north, The State Press has had a little work done.

Outdated fonts and color palettes nipped here.

More modern, simplistic design elements tucked in there.

The newspaper's content (hopefully) lifted to a higher degree of readability.

But our enhancements here at The State Press are not purely cosmetic.

The new face of The State Press is a reflection of the changing face of news and our focus on keeping this newspaper relevant and enlightening to you.

So behind our spiffy new features, I hope you will see our different approaches to story telling through graphics and tables, a push to provide journalism online, and a focus on providing you with diverse, significant stories.

And like some plastic surgery-addicted fiend, we're not done yet.

In the coming months, look for daily coverage of all four campuses, because of the changing, multi-location identity of the University.

Expect to see more and a greater variety of online features, as well as stories complementing Sun Devil Television and our sister publication SPM, as we attempt to give you a variety of perspectives and formats for news.

And look to take a greater role in this publication, with your words, your photos and, ultimately, your ideas making their way onto our Web site and onto our pages.

Because what is ultimately going to keep us looking good is not just changing our face or enhancing our features.

It's you, the reader, looking at us, writing to us, complaining to us and holding us accountability in our journalism for you.

We want to remain more than just a pretty face.

×