Other than Ramen: Breakfast Burrito in a Flash

My plate says “YUM!” and this burrito was yummy! Photo by Gabriela Rodiles.

Eggs are an intimidating food to purchase if you live in a dorm. Even if you live in an apartment or house, I am guessing you probably don’t take the time to make eggs Benedict or omelets in the morning. Actually, eggs are one of the best purchases a college student can make because they are packed with health benefits, will keep you full for hours, and last for about 5 weeks in your fridge! Also, they are ridiculously inexpensive (for about $1, you can buy a half dozen crate of eggs). Follow the recipe below to create an amazing microwavable breakfast (or lunch/dinner) burrito in just three minutes!

Ingredients:

Tortilla, 2 eggs, salsa, shredded cheese, salt and pepper

Recipe:

1. Crack two eggs into a microwave-safe bowl. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Beat with a fork until well-blended. 2. Microwave eggs for one minute; take out and stir. Microwave again for another minute or so. Eggs will be cooked when they are fluffy. 3. Stir eggs around to break up into pieces. 4. Place eggs on a tortilla, top with shredded cheese and salsa. Optional: Add guacamole/sliced avocados, canned black beans, jalapenos, any kind of meat, sour cream, or onions.

Also, be resourceful with your purchases of tortillas, cheese, and salsa. Use the ingredients to make nachos, quesadillas, tacos, or burritos—all made with these interchangeable items!

×