Tempe Police: Man kicks officer in genitals, injures another officer

Police Beat photo

The Tempe Police station, which is located on Fifth Avenue near College Avenue. 

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

A 24-year-old man was arrested Nov. 26 on the 100 block of East Fifth Street on suspicion of two counts of aggravated assault, according to a police report.

The man kicked a detention officer in the genitals and caused injury to another officer's right middle finger while they were trying to detain the man, according to the report.

At the time of the assault, the man was in custody at the Tempe Police Department and was being walked from the detention facility to a transport van, officers reported.

The man was booked and released on pending charges, according to the report.

A 27-year-old Tempe woman was arrested Nov. 26 on South Mil Avenue and Rio Salado Parkway on suspicion of false reporting to police, according to a police report.

An officer contacted the woman after she crashed her vehicle into the median separating northbound and southbound Mill Avenue, according to the report. The officer noticed a distinct alcohol smell surrounding the woman, police reported.

In addition, the woman had bloodshot, watery eyes and slurred speech, according to the report. The woman admitted to consuming four mixed alcoholic beverages prior to being contacted by the officer, police reported.

The woman gave the officer her wrong date of birth and had an outstanding Phoenix City Court warrant for violation of a court order, according to the report.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Kelcie Grega.

Tempe Police: Man smokes marijuana at School of Rock

Tempe Police: Woman steals almost $500 worth of sunglasses

Reach the news editor at kgrega@asu.edu or follow @kelciegrega on Twitter.

×