Tempe Police: Intoxicated man yells obscenities after exiting an Uber

Police Beat photo

The Tempe Police station, which is located on Fifth Avenue near College Avenue. 

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Monday:

A 21-year-old man was arrested Jan. 17 on the 1500 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of disorderly conduct, according to a police report.

Police were contacted after witnesses saw a man, who appeared to be intoxicated, fighting with two women, police reported.

The three people had just gotten out of an Uber and the women were gone when officers arrived, according to the report.

Witnesses intervened after they began to fear for the safety of everyone there when the man was seen shoving the women and screaming obscenities, police reported.

When officers arrived, the man assaulted one of them while they attempted to arrest him, according to the report.

The man attempted to grab the officer’s ballistic vest and punch him and actually did kick the officer, police reported.

The man was first transported to St. Luke’s Hospital for treatment after being arrested, according to the report.

He was then transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

Report compiled by Aimee Plante.

Tempe Police: Man pawns roommate's things to pay for new tires

Tempe Police: Woman tells officers she has a glass pipe in her boot during traffic stop

Reach the reporter at avcabral@asu.edu or follow @angeligagaa on Twitter.

×