News moves fast. Keep up with national, state and local political happenings with this week's politics roundup from The State Press. 

November has just begun but politics on and off campus never stop. Here's a brief overview of what's been making the news lately.

USGP provides incentives for students on campus

Undergraduate Student Government Polytechnic has been working with local restaurants to provide discounts for students on the Poly campus. USGP has also been providing health carts to sell beauty and health products to students and setting dates for Tabling Tuesdays to boost awareness of on-campus organizations.

Find out more in the story by Nellie Nano here.

Kate Gallego calls for Democratic Presidential Debate in AZ

Phoenix Mayor Kate Gallego called for the Democratic National Committee to host a presidential debate in Arizona.

Gallego's call comes in light of recent discussion that Arizona is now a "battleground state" for the 2020 presidential election. 

Read the story by Kelly Donohue here.

Project GO offers ROTC students global opportunities

Hosted by ASU's Melikian Center, Project GO held its annual meeting in Mesa last week to discuss ROTC student transitions from college to the military. 

Project GO allows ROTC students to travel to other countries to study different languages and learn about other cultures to better prepare them for the future.

Find out what else was discussed during the meeting in the story by Jake Lewis here.

An introduction to the ASASU Supreme Court

Did you know ASU has a Supreme Court? The seats are made up of students nominated by their campus's USG president. The court primarily focuses on cases that involve ASASU members.

Learn more about how this all works at the University in Kiara Quaranta's story here.

Young Democrats host clothing drive for asylum seekers

Young Democrats ASU hosted a clothing drive last Friday in partnership with All Hands AZ to help benefit asylum seekers.

The club organized to have a day-long drop-off box in Discovery Hall on the Tempe campus. The donated clothes will go to migrants who are in the U.S. awaiting asylum hearings.

Read the story by John Adamson here.

Reach the reporter at sstewa21@asu.edu and follow @savvystew on Twitter. 

×