ASU football player Stanley Lambert arrested on DUI charges after fatal car crash

Norah Bruther, a 23-year-old visiting Scottsdale, was pronounced dead at the scene after the car collision early Saturday morning

SP Breaking Graphic v6.png

Graphic published on Tuesday, March 3, 2020.

ASU senior redshirt defensive lineman Stanley Lambert was booked and released on DUI-related charges after allegedly hitting and killing a pedestrian with a car early Saturday morning, according to Scottsdale police.

The collision took place just after 1:30 a.m. Saturday in Scottsdale as a pedestrian tried to cross Camelback Road near Minnezona Avenue.

Scottsdale police identified the pedestrian as Norah Bruther, 23, who was pronounced dead at the scene. Bruther was visiting Scottsdale from New Jersey, police said.

Sun Devil Athletics spokesperson Mark Brand provided a statement Sunday acknowledging Lambert’s arrest.

“We are aware of the tragic situation over the weekend involving one of our student-athletes. Our thoughts are with the family and friends of all involved. We are still gathering information and we do not have any other statement at this time," the statement said.

Police said Lambert, a 22-year-old studying liberal studies, was arrested for one count of DUI — impaired to the slightest degree, and DUI — blood alcohol content of .08% or more. The department is continuing its investigation of the accident as it waits for lab test results on Lambert's blood alcohol level. 

The Scottsdale Police Department said there is the potential for additional charges to come. 

Reach the reporter at awaiss@asu.edu and @WaissAlexis on Twitter.

Alexis WaissAssignment Editor, Senior Reporter

Alexis Waiss is an assignment editor and senior reporter, covering breaking news and writing long-form stories. Alexis worked on SP's politics desk for a year, where she reported on the Legislature, higher education policy, student government, the city of Tempe and stories highlighting social justice. She previously worked as a fellow for the Asian American Journalist Association's VOICES program. 

×