ASU football lands key 2016 QB recruit Dillon Sterling-Cole

Sterling-Cole adds to the Sun Devils' glutton of young quarterbacks

ASU football boom recruiting

ASU signals that it gets a new recruit with a "BOOM". (Photo courtesy of ASU athletics)

ASU football made a big "boom" Tuesday in landing unanimous four-star quarterback prospect Dillon Sterling-Cole.

The Sun Devils, whose 2016 recruiting class now sits at 11 players, add a nationally-recognized high school talent in Sterling-Cole.

The 6-foot-2, 185-pound signal-caller out of Houston, Tex. was ranked as the No. 7 pocket passer in the country and named a finalist at the esteemed Elite 11 high school football quarterbacks camp.

Sterling-Cole is the third unanimous four-star quarterback commit at ASU under head coach Todd Graham, joining redshirt freshman Manny Wilkins and freshman Brady White.

The other current scholarship quarterbacks on ASU's roster are redshirt senior Mike Bercovici (who will graduate after this season), Wilkins, White and freshman Bryce Perkins. Redshirt freshman Coltin Gerhart is expected to move from quarterback to defensive back this offseason.

Sterling-Cole previously listed ASU No. 1 in his list of the top five schools competing for his services on July 20.

In addition to ASU, Florida, Texas A&M, Mississippi State and Houston, Sterling-Cole also held offers from Boise State, Iowa State, Nevada, Oklahoma State, Temple, UCLA and Utah.

Sterling-Cole was ASU's lone quarterback target for the class of 2016. His Hudl highlights can be found here.

This is the second commit to ASU football in the last four days, joining defensive back Robbie Robinson.

Other commits to the class of 2016 are athlete/wide receiver Jeremy Smith, defensive back J'Marcus Rhodes, defensive back DJ Morgan, defensive end Christian Hill, running back Tre Turner, running back Freddie Holly, tight end Darel Middleton, tight end Jared Bubak, offensive lineman Marshal Nathe and offensive lineman Cohl Cabral.

Reach the reporter at fardaya@asu.edu or follow @fardaya15 on Twitter.

×