A 2020 Arizona general election voting guide for ASU’s campuses

Information about local, state and federal races, all in one place

spgenelect4.png

"A guide to the political jungle of Arizona and national politics." Illustration published on Thursday, Oct. 15, 2020.

As Election Day approaches and many ASU students have already received their mail-in ballots, The State Press politics desk has compiled information on what students will see on their ballots.

This guide also provides information about how and where students can cast their ballot, and additional coverage The State Press has done surrounding the election.

The districts covered in this guide are based on the location of each ASU campus. Information about the candidates and their views come from their websites and publicly available information found on social media, through past political experience or through information the campaigns provided to other websites.  

Statewide Elections

President Donald Trump and Sen. Martha McSally address the crowd at Trump's “Keep America Great” rally on Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2020, at Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Phoenix.

Arizona State Legislative Districts

Pedestrians walk around the Arizona capitol in Phoenix, Arizona, on Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2019.

Congressional Districts

Rep. Greg Stanton visits the Palo Verde West polling station in Tempe, Arizona, on Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2018.

Local Elections

Phoenix Mayor Kate Gallego greets student organizers before speaking at the College Democrats of America's national conference on Saturday, Feb. 8, 2020, outside Neeb Hall on the Tempe campus.

Propositions

"Prop 208 will start a 3.5% income tax that will be added to the already existing income tax for those with an income greater than $250,000 for single filing and $500,000 for joint filing." Illustration published Tuesday, Sep. 8, 2020.

Voting Options for Students

"The Permanent Early Voting List allows voters to make a single request to receive an early voting ballot by mail for all future state and national elections." Illustration published on Wednesday, April 29, 2020. 

Additional Coverage

"On Tuesday, USGs from all four campuses collaborated to immerse students on National Voter Registration Day." Illustration published on Tuesday, Sept. 22, 2020.

Editor’s note: The guide was updated Oct. 18 at 5 p.m. to include the candidates running for Arizona Corporation Commission. It will continue to be updated as The State Press continues its election coverage.

×